Monday, June 23, 2008

And the Two Shall Become One...

So there is a reason that my blogs have been spotty at best lately....I've been very busy.

Yes, that's right....I am excited to announce that I am getting married!

I feel so incredibly blessed to have found a very wonderful man. A man who absolutely adores me. A man who can love the kids the way only a father can.

And one of the coolest things about the whole deal...

is....

I don't even have to change my last name!!!


For those of you that are a little on the slow side....my dear ex and I have decided to remarry!

The Lord has really been working in both of our lives the last several months, both apart and together. I truly feel so blessed, and I'm so excited!

On July 12th, after 23 months of seperation and 10 months after a divorce we will commit our lives to each other, a mere 10 years, 3 months and 22 days after the first time that we did it. I am so excited that my dear youth pastor, Dave, is flying down to perform the ceremony a second time...it truly wouldn't seem right without him. He has been such an integral part of my life for so very long that it only seems right that he be there. Once again it will be a family-only ceremony. I had always dreamed of the "big" princess type wedding, but now that I've grown and realized that it is not about the "wedding" but about the "marriage" then it only seems right that it is just family...minus a brother and SIL (so sad...but they will be down a few days later!).

I've been asked a few times whether I regret actually getting divorced. Obviously, it is not what I had wanted, but, at the point we were at, there really wasn't a very good alternative. In a wierd way I am very thankful for it. I was truly blessed to see how God provided for me. And we were both so young when we first married, faced with the birth of P only 5 months after and then E with all of his major problems only 15 months later. We never had a chance to "grow up" and be our own person. This last two years has allowed both of us the time to "grow up" to be ourselves so that we can give of ourselves unselfishly in our marriage. It's really hard to give yourself when you don't know who you are.

The biggest thing that I've noticed between this marriage and the first one is the feelings that I have. With the first marriage it was all about how completely and totally "in love" we were! It was all about these ushy-gushy "feelings". But the wierd thing is that I couldn't imagine forever with him...it seemed like a very long time! Not that I didn't want to spend "forever" together, but it just seemed so long.

Now I just feel like I have this amazing person that understands me - warts and all. I know him - warts and all. He is my best friend, regardless of circumstances he has been my best friend for the last 12 years. I can't imagine not spending forever with him, and forever doesn't seem that long. I have gaps....and he fills those gaps. I feel like I've found that rare companion to do life with.

11 comments:

Connie said...

Kristi, we are so THRILLED for you and Tim. We are so happy you are marring him again and so glad you can all be a whole family again!!!! Way to go!!!! :)
Lots of love to you all!
Connie and the gang

Deleted said...

Kristi,
I don't think we've met but I'm another fellow CBC blogger. And I stumbled across your post, and I just want to say that's an amazing story! I love that God brought you back together - apparently he wanted you two to have your "happily ever after," whether you planned on it or not! :-)
Tracy P.

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Praising God. Praising God and crying. Praising God and crying and smiling. Praising God ... oh Kristi, I'm so thankful. I'm so thankful. May this be a testimony for years to come. Grow old with him - sit on the back porch and watch your grandchildren play. Watch them and laugh when you see one of your children's mannerisms creep in and shine through - reminding you of how close you came to loosing the possiblity of the gift of oneness that only life long commitment can give you. I am so thankful. Held fest - meine Liebling held fest! (hold tight my dear, hold tight)

Brent said...

God's pretty great, isn't He?

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That is truly amazing!!! I am so happy for you both!

My email is my first name @thekendallfamily.org.

Congrats! You deserve it!

Ian said...

Hey - how cool is that?

Congratulations, Kristi!

This smacks suspiciously of something only God could pull off.

:-)

Mike said...

God is good. We are excited to see you both!

katie

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you I'm crying! That is wonderful news!

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Good for you, Kristi!

I'm very excited that you're back together. God works in even the most dire of circumstances and what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger.

Brandon and Jenny said...

Kristi - I am so incredibly proud of you both! and so much more than excited. What a testimony of grace in both of your lives. Thank God for His grace that we have the opportunity to make wrongs truly right again. What a godsend for both you and your children to have this man back in your lives "full-time". I am just praising God right along side of you. There is so much hope in your story, and I will be holding on to that hope for so many of my friends who are still in the darker hours. God bless you for your willingness.
-Jenny

Schweers' Mom said...

So very awesome! Congratulations from someone who has prayed for you and your boys over the years. =-)