Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Baby is 5 Today!


Wow! Time sure flies! Five years ago today we were welcoming J into the world. And, as is the way with my children, it was not without its problems. J had aspirated meuconium and had to be put in the NICU for a few days and then moved into the step-down nursery. While we were on our way to pick him up (he was 6 days old) the Dr called us (the same dr. that saved E) and told us they had to move him back to the NICU. He was having problems and they weren't sure why, but it could have something to do with his "botched" circumcision. (I'm assuming all the guys are crossing their legs right now!) It turns out that he lost 20% of his blood because of an over-zealous FEMALE dr (had it been a man I'm confident it would not have happened). After spending a few more days in the NICU we finally got to bring him home. Thankfully now, J seems to be fine....he might have to have some work when he gets older....we don't know if there is other damage if ya know what I mean.

But, for now, I'm enjoying my wonderfully delightful 5 year old who is, by far, the easiest child I have ever met! This morning I woke him up and this was our conversation:

Me: "What day is today?"
J (half asleep): "My birthday"

Me: "How old are you?"
J: "5"

Me: (starting to sing)"Happy Birthday to you, happy birth..."
J: (interrupting) "Mom, I have a big day ahead of me, I need more rest" (as he pulls the covers back over his head!)

2 comments:

Ian said...

If that man-hating doctor needs an ass-beating you let me know. I shall pound her asunder on behalf of J (and every other man in the world.)

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

I love j's entry into 5! What a charmer!
hugs to you