Friday, March 14, 2008

I hate the flu!


So yesterday everyone was back at school for the first time in about 10 days, YEAH! I get to work this morning at 7:45a ready for a VERY busy and hopefully productive day. I get an email at about 8:30a from the school nurse (that should tell you how much I communicate with her) to give me a heads up that P was in her office complaining about a headache but no fever. She lets him rest for about 20 minutes and sends him back to class. I promptly reply thanking her and to let me know if he starts running a fever. UGH!!!

Less than a minute after I send the email to her my phone rings and it's her office number on the caller id (yes I can recognize the nurse's office number, another wonderful sign of how much we communicate). I answer and she tells me that P just threw up and he's back in her office! Somebody save me!!!!!

So I wrap up a few things and head out...only an hour after I got in. Ugh! Thank goodness next week is spring break and I already have sitters lined up. I will actually be able to work a full week (less Good Friday) for the first time in months. That is unless I get sick....please, God no!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong sister! (and take your vitamins)

Ian said...

Hang in there, Kristi.

I'm proud of you, and I really and truly admire you for all you do and how you do it, especially with and for your kids.

And your ability to do the work of no less than three people by yourself is pretty impressive, too.

Kristi said...

Thanks guys! But it's not by myself, my parents help a ton!