Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Poison. . .

comes in all forms. Sometimes it's environmental and leads to sickness, but most of the time it is not. Most of the time poison is a mental pill that you swallow little by little...until your body gets to a toxic point. That's where I'm at right now. This is not to say that I am depressed, although I certainly don't have the energy to be social. This is not to say that I feel as though I'm falling away from my walk with the Lord...I actually think it's getting better.

But I am poisoned.

My little mental poison pills have come in many different forms over the last couple months. Most of it comes from fighting...not like a yelling and screaming type fighting...more like an I'm not going to take any more of this bullsh*t fighting. Advocating for your children is probably the single most difficult task I've ever wanted to under take. I feel like I'm in the middle of several different battles. The beginning of last school year it was not a battle, it was a gently guided attempt to share with a new teacher E's best ways of learning and adapting. That turned into the teacher retaliating in a DRASTIC form that was illegal and caused us great emotional distress. As I'm performing my own investigation (and the school district does nothing) I continue to find out more and more how evil this teacher was. I'm trying desperately to protect my family and child and not give in to the very worldly desire for revenge that I often deeply desire. Now I'm faced with advocating for my youngest child. I'm also battling with a major corporation....all of these are for my children. How does a mom protect her children AND deal with the poison in the world?

I'm thankful that I have the ultimate Antidote, but I'M also wondering at what point I give in(up?) and let them have their way....but what about my kids? and the kids that come after mine? Ugh!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Keep fighting Kristi! It takes a strong mother and a passionate woman to do all that you do. You're amazing and everything you're doing is incredibly worth it; not just to your family, but, like you said, to the hundreds and thousands of other kids and parents that will likely be in your position in the near future. Love you Sis. Mark and I will be praying for continued strength as you battle those punks and that poison!

Ian said...

Hey - gimmie a call & tell us what happened, willya?

Anonymous said...

astendboanons xaikalitag inigoUnfoguiz [url=http://uillumaror.com]iziananatt[/url] greehorrist http://gusannghor.com Tupeserie