Monday, March 29, 2010

Where I Stand….

I wrote out this list on the eve of my 30th Birthday and added to it a little over the last couple of years. Originally my goal was to have all 40 chosen by my 30th birthday, but I have decided to leave room to add things because 10 years is a long time! I have decided to post a status report…mainly for my benefit…the blue are my recent comments. I should be averaging 3-4 per year so I have a little catching up and revising to do!

40 Before 40

  1. Ride in a hot air ballon (I was supposed to ride in one with my friend Erin when I was in 1st grade and for some reason couldn't...I don't remember why, but ever since then I've wanted to ride in one.) – Still haven't done that, but I'm thinking of removing it because I've developed an insane fear of heights over the last couple of years….I have a hard time walking on the second floor of the mall!
  2. Finish college – I've completed about 95 hours, so I may get there.
  3. Learn how to fold a fitted sheet. – I'm making progress…I don't roll them up in a ball anymore, I at least make an attempt!
  4. Eat at a famous chef's restaurant - Done! Tim and I ate at Tom Collichio's (Top Chef Judge) Craft restaurant and it was AMAZING!!
  5. Start a monthly "Family Dinner Nite" and stick to it
    Since all of my extended family has moved away (except for my parents) this is kind of impossible…but we did have one dinner with EVERYONE in attendance last summer…I think that's as close to a check as I will get and I'll take it because it was very enjoyable.
  6. Take a photography class – I almost forgot about this one.
  7. Read through the entire Bible – not even close…that sucks!
  8. Go to Las Vegas – nope, not yet…was thinking about it for our second wedding, but that didn't happen.
  9. Make homemade pasta – nope…I really don't feel like messing up the kitchen that much!
  10. Get a full body massage
    (the only reason I haven't done this yet is because I know I will enjoy it too much and I'm not going to pay for it on a regular basis!)- My bro and SIL got me one and my SIL took me for my second bachelorette night!
  11. Get a will in place. – Hope to this year.
  12. Get down to my pre-pregnancy weight (I'll fill you in on exactly what that is when I hit it, but I have a good ways to go!) – Unfortunately I've gone in the opposite direction – ugh!!
  13. Start a ministry for parents of children in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – I've decided that this one is actually going to be removed, because I just don't feel like I can do this the right way until the kids are older.
  14. Take the kids (P & J) to Disney World
    (I've already made reservations for October!) – We had so much fun!

  15. Learn how to make the perfect cheesecake. – I have a pumpkin cheesecake down pretty good…maybe I'll count that…
  16. Watch Gone With the Wind and Casablance
    (no, I have never seen either of these movies) - Nope

  17. Pay off all my credit card debt – Getting close thanks to Dave Ramsey!
  18. Go to New York – Not even on the radar yet.
  19. See a Broadway show (tied in with #18)
  20. See the Rockettes (tied in with #18)
  21. Go to Italy– Not even on the radar yet.
  22. Drive Route 66– Not even on the radar yet.
  23. Ride a motorcycle – I think I'm starting to chicken out on this one.
  24. Learn how to golf – Really??? Why??? Hmm…
  25. Go on a cruise – Ok, not sure what I was thinking…I get majorly sea sick!
  26. Catch a fish (I've gone fishing a few times and have yet to catch a fish) – Not yet…and I've even been fishing since I made the list.
  27. Go to a drive-in movie – Nope, but I've scoped one out that is a posibility
  28. Learn how to make sushi – Nope…and remind me not to take lessons from Mark & Kristy!
  29. Family trip to Colorado – There have been discussions
  30. Learn how to cut an onion (I'm really good at cooking, but I've never managed to figure out the "proper" way to cut an onion) – I'm making progress…dad even bought me a fancy knife!
  31. Go to a hockey game (I'm not that into hockey, but I've always thought that a hockey game would be entertaining)
  32. Take the kids to Nevada to see where I was born Not even on the radar yet.

  33. Finish painting the inside of my house I absolutely HATE white walls, but I HATE painting even more! – We have the Master bedroom and bathroom left and that's it…I'm hoping to have it done before the summer starts…or maybe ends! J
  34. More to come...

3 comments:

Kristy said...

We can help you knock out 9,22,23, and 26 when you come visit. I've never seen Casablanca either, so maybe we can have a girl's night and watch that. And I'm pretty sure the whole family has an itch to go to Vegas ... so that may have to be the next family trip!

Kristy said...

You're on your own on the sushi though ... we ended up getting Subway and Wendy's after our failed attempt!

Kristi said...

I think about the only one I would trust to get me on a motorcycle is Mark...so I might take you guys up on that one...but #22? Nothing personal....but I don't feel like driving to Route 66 when I'm in Portland...now if you made a mistake and meant #21, I'll gladly accept a free trip to Italy! :)