Wednesday, April 2, 2008

No, I Haven't Fallen Off the Face of the Earth...

although, at times, it may seem as if I have. My life's just been busy, so what else is new?

P is playing spring tackle football so that's keeping us busy. It's been several years since he has played any sports, but he's been playing football with all of the neighborhood kids for a while now and they all play so we figured we'd give it a try. He really seems to be enjoying it, but he is behind somewhat. I guess in Texas 9 years old is a little late to start playing!

I went and registerd J for kindergarten Tuesday. I actually had to make an appointment to register him and bring every possible form of identification under the sun along with completing about 20 pages worth of information. It was easier for me to get into college than it is now registering for kindergarten!

One of the other things on my long list of "To Do" items Tuesday was to take E to his evaluation at MHMR. It's been going on for a while now. The last I updated everyone, I think, was when we had received a final report from the school basically saying that they had attempted to perform an IQ test, but could not and his teacher answered a questionaire for a modified IQ test which showed him off the charts low. Well I picked E up from school and he was in an absolutely wonderful mood...perfect angel. I haven't seen this good of behavior in months...it figures! I call my mom and ask her to pray that MHMR would see E in all his glory to make sure they saw what it was like day-to-day with him. The appointment only lasted about 45 minutes and he was perfect the whole time...fortunately God was in control.
After the evaluation the lady performing the assessment told me that I would receive a letter in 2 to 3 weeks to let me know if he was eligble for services. I'm thinking the whole time, "yeah right, they are going to think I'm crazy for even asking!" She needed a second person to verify information, but almost everyone was at lunch. The person she ended up finding was the dr that's in charge of qualifying everyone. She came in and took a look at E's chart and said that he most definitely qualified for services and that I should receive a letter confirming that in about a week. Yeah!!!

That's about it for now!

5 comments:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

WOW! you have been busy...
Glad to hear about the evaluation.
It will help just to know that you have been heard.
praying for you

Brent said...

After seeing how much my kids have learned in school so much younger than I learned those very same things...

...it seems like it took more for them to get OUT of kindergarten than it did for me to get OUT of college.

Anonymous said...

YAY! That is great news!

Mike said...

glad to hear it went so well!

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

well that is great news!