Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's been a week...

and I've been busy!

Yes, it's been awhile since the last post, but my life is crazier than usual.

Monday - work and class, "group" project that I had to turn in and do a presentation on worth 25% of my grade..."group" turned out to be "Kristi" because nobody else actually cares what grade they get....as a few of the 8 other members of my group came into class a few of the guys commented..."Kristi looks kind of pissed" gee, you think??? I left the house at 6:50a and got home at 9:15p....didn't get to see the kids.

Tuesday - work and more work...I had to do a council meeting that took a little longer than expected, and people were not happy! I left the house at 7:00a and got home at 8:30p....saw the kids for about 5 minutes

Wednesday - just work, but a little later....I had 4 meetings, the last one lasted MUCH longer than expected and I ended up leaving work almost 1 1/2 hours late...after a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up much needed diapers I finally got home at 6:30p, I left the house at 6:45a - thank God football practice was canceled! saw the kids for about 2 hours

Thursday - just work...left the house at 7:00a and actually got home at about 5:15p, but I had another "group"/"Kristi" project to work on that consumed my time from 6:45p to midnight, ugh! Got to see the kids....but was too stressed about my project to enjoy it.

Friday - work and football...left the house at 6:45a got home at 3:30p because my mom was sick so she couldn't watch the boys....I was actually able to run some errands...go to the dr to pick up E's prescription, bank, etc. then we left for football practice at 5:30p returned home at 8:30p....got to watch the kids run around with friends/teammates at practice

Saturday - work....yep, the Town had their "spring clean-up day" which turned out absolutely fabulous, but was exhausting! I had also managed to hurt my eye pretty bad late Friday night...my eye was swollen and wouldn't stop watering, burning really bad like when sweat pours into it. I was hoping it would get better during the night, but I woke up Saturday morning and I could barely see out of it because it was tearing up so bad. I left the house at 7a to take E to my parents for the day while I went to work....got to work...left for about 1 1/2 hours to go to CareNow (their web check-in is AWESOME!), went back to work and left at 4p after spending the whole afternoon in the hot sun...yes I'm very sunburned! Went and picked E up at my parents and finally got home at 5:45p....I then spent another 3 hours on my "group" project. I also had to end up missing P's football game and it was actually his first game to start as defensive end...he also got his first tackle! Luckily there is a company that video tapes the games so I can purchase a copy to watch...P's been wanting to get one anyways. P&J were with Tim and his mom...so I only saw them a few minutes

I managed to get in bed at 9p with a puffy, watery eye; rosy cheeks, bright red, very sore arms and a massive headache!

Today....didn't really have too much to do, I spent another hour or so on the project and got my house cleaned....the rest of the day was fairly relaxing. I finally got to spend a couple ours with the kids....this whole week has been rough on ALL of us....the kids are acting out a bit...in fact J just peed on P's leg....what kind of discipline do you hand down for that? and how do you do it without laughing...you should have seen their expressions! I think J couldn't even believe that he actually did it!

Only three more weeks and school will be over for me....I can't wait until this summer.

3 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

It's no wonder I never talk to you!

Brent said...

I can't tell you the number of times I said the phrase, "(Project Partner) looks kind of pissed."

So, to all the wonderful group project "doers" out there, thank you so much for helping me--and others like me--graduate college!

Anonymous said...

I remember a group project I was in at UNT. (in EADP!) Until then, I had always been one to wait for whatever the group leader told me to do and just do that...not really much participation. On the day we had to present, however, I was the only one to show up. The instructor made me present it on my own. :( Luckily it was over response, triage, and such and I already had working experience and I basically presented the report on the fly. I learned my lesson though.
Like what Brent said, Kudos to all those project 'doers' out there!